Using VSDs for Lowering Costs
By virtue of their energy intensiveness, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems account for a large percentage of companies’ energy costs. Continued misuse can dramatically impact on the effectiveness of companies’ energy-saving projects and initiatives, which are mostly driven by the need to reduce operating costs.
HVAC systems are responsible for 26% of the electricity consumed in the commercial sector, with motors that drive compressors, pumps and fans in these systems accounting for more than 98% of that energy.
- Variable Speed Drives (VSDs), when applied to HVAC systems, can provide energy savings of between 20 and 40%, while also enhancing operation and comfort.
VSDs are potentially the most underutilised tools for optimising the energy efficiency of electrical equipment. Using them in suitable applications such as HVAC systems can save energy, cut operating costs and extend the lifespan of equipment.
For the full ESKOM fact sheet, please download the document from the EMHEATER website at: LINK
For more information regarding VSDs, please refer to the following related blog posts:
- What is a Variable Speed Drive (VSD)?
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) vs Variable Speed Drive (VSD)
- How do Variable Speed Drives (VSDs) Work?
- Advantages of Variable Speed Drives
- VSD Industry Applications
- Single-Phase To 3-Phase Converters – VSD – EMHEATER
- Choosing between a VSD and a Soft Starter
- Variable Speed Drive vs Solar Drive (for Water Pumps)
- Variable Speed Drive – EMHEATER – Intro Video
- EMHEATER VSD and Solar Drive Fault Diagnosis – Errors
- VSD – Horticulture – Reduce Costs- ESKOM Fact Sheet
- VSD – Oil/Gas/Petrochemical – Reduce Costs- ESKOM Fact Sheet
- VSD – Farm Irrigation – Reduce Costs – ESKOM Fact Sheet